As a barber, I can say that proper skincare is just as important for men as it is for women. Many men believe that they don't need special care, but this is simply not true. Men also suffer from acne, use skincare products, and need to wash their face to get rid of impurities. Redlan's carries various skin care products but primarily Baxter of California provides an excellent line of products for men's skincare needs, and with a daily skincare routine, men can maintain healthy, attractive skin.
The structure of men’s skin is different from women’s. In men, the epidermis is several layers thicker, and the dermis contains more collagen, which means men’s skin retains elasticity longer. Due to the male hormone testosterone, sebaceous glands are much more active, and in adolescence, many men develop rashes on their faces. As a man matures, his hormonal background stabilizes, so male skin is rarely problematic. However, regular shaving can expose the skin to stress and damage, which is why special care is necessary.
So what does a man's skin need? The answer is comprehensive and customized care. It's essential to take into account a number of nuances that are designed to provide proper care for the unique needs of the skin. The following steps are essential for a healthy skincare routine for men:
- Cleanse - Start by washing your face with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil, and other impurities from the skin.
- Exfoliate - Use a gentle exfoliating scrub once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells, unclog pores, and improve the texture of the skin.
- Tone - Apply a toner to balance the skin's pH level and prepare it for moisturizing.
- Moisturize - Use a lightweight, non-greasy moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and protected from the elements.
- Shave - Use a shaving cream or gel to soften the hair and reduce irritation.
- Protect - Finish your routine by applying a sunscreen with SPF to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
Maintaining healthy, attractive skin is essential for men. With a proper skincare routine that includes cleansing, exfoliating, toning, moisturizing, shaving, and protecting, men can achieve their best skin yet. Baxter of California provides an excellent line of products for men's skincare needs, and by following the above steps, men can maintain healthy, glowing skin for years to come. For our Bearded Friends check out our other articles on growing your beard, grooming your beard, & common myths about your beard.